Planning Ahead What's Next
· Sign your FULL NAME in blue or black ink, you take it to the DMV for your written test. You may NOT drive yet
· When you pass your permit test, the DMV will keep your blue card. If you do not pass, get your blue card back.
· This card is issued at the conclusion of you final BTW. Don’t lose that!
· Practice with your parents 2-6 months before you schedule your first BTW. Follow the timeline below for drives.
· You will need to log your hours on the supervised driving log. -Your parent will sign that form before your road test.
Schedule Drives (BTW):
· To schedule drives, EMAIL our office firstname.lastname@example.org
· Please include your name, a contact phone number, when you received your permit, when you intend to take your test and which location you prefer. Please include a phone number for text reminders or if an instructor needs to reach you.
· We schedule drives one at a time, but this information will help us to properly space out your drives.
Timing of Drives:
· Your FIRST drive should be 4-7 months BEFORE you plan to test.
· Your THIRD/LAST drive will be a few weeks before your intended test. Your SECOND drive will fall in the middle.
· Email us to schedule based on this timeline. We cannot guarantee to get 3 drives scheduled for you if you begin schedule less than 4 months before your test. PLAN AHEAD
Schedule Test: (knowledge and skills):
· go to dps.mn.gov and follow the link to “online resources” then “Schedule Road Test or Class D Knowledge Test”. Follow the prompts to schedule the test. -when scheduling a permit (knowledge) test -click NO you do not have an id number. You will need 2 forms of ID and must have a parent with you to sign.
· Consider your drives a priority, as with other important appointments, drives may need to be scheduled during school
· The following will result in a $75 no show/rescheduling fee due before your next drive:
*Student fails to be at the pickup location on time -a 10-minute grace period will be given
*Student does not have a valid permit with them, the student is not wearing proper shoes or fails to give 24-hour cancellation notice.
*For emergency contact with less than 24 hours notice: TEXT ONLY 763-567-2727